Axel Kittenberger <axkibe@gmail.com> writes:
> Why did you now throw in LGPL? I fully felt with you all when the
> discussion above drifted off copyright-law-bashing in general etc.
> really not kin about it. But I've seen other places, where at the end
> of a hugh construction, they suddendly discovered they couldn't use
> it, because they didnt care a second about license.

Sure, so the point is that while endless bikeshedding about the license
is bad, _some_ thought about licensing is good.

> So not to spawn this discussion again, has anybody any strong
> objections against the cookbook being in CC-BY 3.0? This allows most
> easy use of the book for everything for every purpose.

The FSF license page[*] says this about CC-BY 2.0:

   Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 license (a.k.a. CC-BY)

       This is a non-copyleft free license that is good for art and
       entertainment works, and educational works. Please don't use it
       for software or documentation, since it is incompatible with the
       GNU GPL and with the GNU FDL.

While nobody's suggesting making this cookbook use the GPL, I think GPL
_incompatibility_ is unacceptable.

Has CC-BY 3.0 fixed this problem?

[*]http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Marriage, n. The state or condition of a community consisting of a master, a
mistress and two slaves, making in all, two.