Hi Sean,

And let it be know that the unspeakably great Sean Conner thusly spoke:
static
[snip]

thanks for the support there, using your snip I am getting the same result for my sane test case, 2 off ...

Maybe some thinking is in order.

Looking at your code, it's going to be the fastest approach. I wonder what is more true to Lua, taking 256 byte out to be that fast, or going with slightly slower lesser thens.

From your code it also became obvious, how my precious proposal should be optimized a good deal.

Any ideas, let me know.

Thanks,
Henning