Martin Spernau wrote:
> Yes, I see, I'm now using your naming and linking strategy, and Yes! my
> executeable can load your binary luapacklib.dll alright!

that's nice to hear!

> I seem to be using the (wrong) default compiler/linker settings (as are
> preset by the dll-project)
> I already downed my dll to 300kb by usinf the /MD (multithread dll) option
> instead of the staticaly linked default...
> I'm sure there are a lot more settings I could set to get even leaner
> dlls...
> Could you maybe send me your .dsp file so I can compare ?

I don't have msvc at home, only on public computers at the university, and I
just added the file and the libraries on a default dll project, so it should
be easy to reproduce my steps.

> (I just found this page:
> http://freespace.virgin.net/james.brown7/tutorials/minexe.htm with
pointers
> to a special AggressiveOptimize.h header file that turns on all those
> optimations, it downed the size of the luapacklib.dll to 5kb)

yeah, that size is more reasonable. If the size is an issue, you can also
try using upx, I got a 3.5k dll after compressing it. But take care, since
I've seen that upx sometimes fails, specially on WinXP.

> I have been busily compiling a range of modules I currently use to work
with
> loadmodule. When I get my build process streamlined maybe we should 'swap
> dlls' a little to see if everything is compatible...

Definitely.

> Well, this is coming along real nice I think. As soon as we can put
together
> a nice little list with all or most of the commonly used Lua extensions, I
> do think this should have some greater use for a lot of people...

I can write makefiles for them if you want. By the way, why don't we always
put the modules inside the lua directory tree, in a standard place, so we
don't have to edit the makefiles (or project settings) to build them? for
example inside lua-xxx/modules/

Ignacio Castaño
castanyo@yahoo.es

Copa del Mundo de la FIFA 2002
El único lugar de Internet con vídeos de los 64 partidos.
¡Apúntante ya! en http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/fc/es/