I have uploaded the binaries that I'm using here:

http://talika.eii.us.es/~titan/lua/lua-lm-4.0.1.zip

I've named the libraries 'lua-4.0.dll' and 'lualib-4.0.dll', and
luapacklib.dll is implicitely linked against them. I don't care about the
names, as long everybody uses the sames, so if everybody agrees I will
change them to lua4.0.dll and lualib4.0.dll.

If I remember correctly lua-4.0.1 and lua-4.0 have the same functionallity
and the same interface, the 4.0.1 is only a bug fix revision, right?

On linux that would be resolved using a symboling link, you should link your
applications to liblua40.so, but that will be a symlink to the latest
revision. I don't know how that should be handled on win32.

On the other side, loadmodule should allow you to link with libraries that
have been linked to a different revision. luaLM_version could return
something different, or ll_loadlib could ignore the minor version number.
What do you suggest?

Ignacio Castaño
castanyo@yahoo.es

PS:
Martin, try with my binaries and see if it works. I will add a patch to
build them asap.

Martin Spernau wrote:
> From: "Ignacio Castaño" <castanyo@yahoo.es>
> > may I suggest using lua-4.0.dll or lua4.0.dll instead?
>
> How should I handle Lua 4.0.1 which I use as base.
> If I compile it as lua4.0.dll I guess it is compatible enough to load yor
> binary luapacklib.dll..., only the luaLM_version() test will fail, as my
> setup uses the internal 4.0.1 version number.
> Should I rather make the 'minor' version explicit?
>
> Or could we all just go for the bugfixed 4.0.1 as common base?
>
> -Martin
> P.S.:
> when I try to loadmodule("packlib") from my lua.exe (which uses
> lua4.0.1.dll) I get a windows system alert that the lua4.0.dll is missing,
> and then the normal Lua error:
> ###
> Lua 4.0.1  Copyright (C) 1994-2000 TeCGraf, PUC-Rio
> > loadmodule("packlib")
> error: cannot load module packlib:
>
> stack traceback:
>    1:  function `loadmodule' [C]
>    2:  main of string "loadmodule("packlib")" at line 1
> >
> ###

Yahoo! Messenger
Descárgalo ya desde http://messenger.yahoo.es