[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: tolua survey
- From: Christian Vogler <cvogler@...>
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 18:35:30 -0500
On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 03:19:54PM -0200, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> * Do you use tolua? If not, do you use any other wrapper?
Yes. Did not evaluate other wrappers in detail.
> * Do you use tolua for C or C++?
Both C and C++.
> * What features do you miss in tolua?
enums, releasing ownership of an object (in addition to the
tolua-supported claiming of ownership), more control over parameter
checking (the equivalence of NULL <-> nil sometimes makes it
difficult to verify parameters), functions to find the tolua instance
tag from a class tag and vice versa, barrier that maps C++ exceptions
to lua errors
> * How could tolua be improved?
- Implement the missing features suggested above
(we have patches for ownership, finding the instance/class tags,
and an admittedly inelegant exception barrier if you are interested)
- Do more frequent releases that fix the reported bugs in tolua (the heap
corruption in conjunction with tolua's class mechanism springs to mind)
- Add support for extracting documentation from pkg files, similar to
how doxygen works
- Document more clearly the assumptions that tolua makes, e.g., for
C++ classes, either both constructor and destructor must be defined,