>From: "Ignacio Castaño" <castanyo@yahoo.es>
>I don't have msvc at home, only on public computers at the university, and
>just added the file and the libraries on a default dll project, so it
should
>be easy to reproduce my steps.

Thats weird. I did just that, and came out with a starting size of 48kb  for
luapacklib.dll Release version. Dynamically linking to the multithread dll
(/MD) gave me around 30kb

Are you using VC 6 or VC 5 ?

>> to a special AggressiveOptimize.h header file that turns on all those
>> optimations, it downed the size of the luapacklib.dll to 5kb)
>
>yeah, that size is more reasonable. If the size is an issue, you can also
>try using upx, I got a 3.5k dll after compressing it. But take care, since
>I've seen that upx sometimes fails, specially on WinXP.

I thought about UPX, but I read somewhere that compressing the binaries
would stop the re-use of loaded dlls so that multiple instances of lua.exe
would each load their own lua*.dlls...

>I can write makefiles for them if you want.

That would be great!

> the way, why don't we always
>put the modules inside the lua directory tree, in a standard place, so we
>don't have to edit the makefiles (or project settings) to build them? for
>example inside lua-xxx/modules/

I currently have all in their own dir under lua-loadmod/
like
lua-loadmod/luafuzzy/
lua-loadmod/luazlib/
etc.
That way my projectfiles can all use the same (relative) paths for includes,
binary output etc.
I  have also set up the projects to all output their binaries to
lua-loadmod/bin and lua-loadmod/dbin for easy testing.

-Martin