On Saturday, March 22, 2014, Coroutines <coroutines@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 8:20 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:

>> ((((fuck you make)))) :(
>
> Learnt any other nice new expletives recently?

I thought this was a mailing list :ppp

"Coroutines:"

I'm guilty of misreading this list's accepted decorum, so I have empathy for you here. Also, I'm going to use my past mistakes as permission to give you free advice[1].

Dirk is being very kind. This lists appetite for swears or off-color jokes == 0.0. :) (celebrating Lua 5.3 here)

If you continue to throw stuff out like that or use a pseudonym, then you are likely going to be frustrated as people ignore you or admonish you, even as you may be raising good points or have good ideas.

It may seem unfair or stupid or what have you, but accepting the social norms of a culture is just polite. The norms here are not at all what you might be use to on other lists.

This is a fantastic list. I really do encourage you to consider resubscribing with your first name and to hold off on the humor until you are sure that you have a handle on things.

If you need proof that I've made some bone headed errors, I'll be happy to send you past links. :)

-Andrew

[1]Apologize if this should be off list. Don't know proper decorum there, either. :)