> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 6:26 PM, Hisham <h@hisham.hm> wrote:
> > was born there", implying that it wouldn't be successful if not for
> > Google's name). Or did I miss a pun?
>
> I think Roberto got it exactly; Go's designers knew exactly what spot
> they were aiming for, and achieved.

Actually I meant exactly the pun that Hisham explained (and then said
he did miss it). I do not think Go hit any sweet spot at all, unless
what they were aiming was to be cool because it came from Google. I know
(and respect) the names of its creators, but I cannot see anything in
that language, from a technical point of view, to make it worth being so
popular ("so popular" meaning whatever popularity it got).

-- Roberto