Elucidate me. What were Go's designers aiming for? A worser Erlang?

My point is that all the stuff they're going for is great and all, but
there's absolutely nothing unique about what they're trying to
accomplish as far as I can tell, and there are already options out
there to do what it does. The language semantics are pretty
uninteresting and lackluster compared to mutable types in Rust,
abstract data types in Haskell, process-oriented shared nothing actors
of Erlang, etc. It's just a prettier java maybe.