On 21 March 2014 10:27, Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:15 PM, Jeremy Ong <jeremycong@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > No. I don't really "get" go. It's not a systems language so comparing
>> > it to C++ or C makes no sense.
>>
>> That is fair enough, I don't see it as a 'successor' language either.
>> But it has hit a sweet spot and acquired some momentum
>
> It did not hit a sweet spot. It was born there. (I do not think it would
> have much momentum if not for that reason.)

I believe Steve used "hit a sweet spot" in the idiomatic sense meaning
"found a nice balance" [between power and ease of use]. Your reply
seems to imply "spot" in the literal sense as a "place" (hence the "it
was born there", implying that it wouldn't be successful if not for
Google's name). Or did I miss a pun?

-- Hisham