On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 11:04 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:

>> The compiler I use (IBM xlc) is extremely aggressive wrt inlining when
>> optimizing. If you don't hose it down with -qinline=limit=num you end up
>> with big ass binaries!
>
> I have with my usual considerateness edited the subject line to
> better reflect the direction that the thread has been taking.

I dunno, it hasn't really seemed so much like a religious war -- or
really, even, a war at all. I haven't seen any anti-C++ zealots trying
to bring up why C++ sucks, or any C++ apologists defiantly claiming
that C++ is the ideal language. It's been a really rather tame
discussion about issues to be aware of and techniques with which to
handle them.

I mean, if we wanted to start a religious war, try suggesting that Lua
should be written in C++ instead of C89 and see where THAT goes. ;)

/s/ Adam