On Dec 15, 2009, at 11:17 PM, Bertrand Mansion wrote:

> Lua is just missing essential stable libraries for XML, SQL, I18N,
> multibyte strings, etc. Apart from that, it's already ok for web
> development.

Perhaps the issue could be turned around, and expressed in terms of "Friend of Lua" libraries. In other words, instead of insisting on reimplementing everything in Lua itself, what about identifying small, targeted, Lua like, C libraries which already addresses those issues and provide bindings for them?