Adam D. Moss wrote:
I'm still waiting to hear from my testers about whether the exact
same binary I'm testing also crashes on winXP and win2000.  That
should make it immediately obvious whether this is a win98-specific
problem.  I expect to hear fairly conclusively within a day or
two.

Well, another common problem in Win32 is that, AFAIK, on Win9x uninitialized data (pointers, tables) has random values while on WinNT+, they are set to 0.
This cause applications behave correctly on WinNT+ and crash on Win9x...

Running BoundsChecker or Purify, if you have them, often helps on these cases (but not always, alas).

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France