Adam D. Moss wrote:
Yeah, I've spent all day trying to isolate it.  The space
is getting narrower, but now the crash seems to happen
'somewhere near the gap between C and lua' and I'm getting
really stuck...

In tcp.c:meth_connect() it correctly takes the if(err)
branch and successfully pushes nil and the error-string.
The error-string looks fine ('host not found').

Then, somewhere between the 'return 2' in that function
and the return of http.request() to the calling lua code,
it crashes.

My lack of understanding of the control flow in the exception-
handling seems to prevent me from tracing this further.
(My tracing involves putting fprintf()s everywhere.)

Any more tracing clues would be welcome.

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3