Hi!

I've been using LuaSocket to fetch a simple URL resource
at app startup, as follows:

   local t = {}

   ZLOG(ZALWAYS, "About to fetch URL...");
   local body,statusnum,responseheaders,responsestatus =
      http.request({
                      sink = ltn12.sink.table(t);
                      url = url;
                   });
   ZLOG(ZALWAYS, "Finished trying to fetch URL.");

This looked like it had been working fine for weeks, until
I pulled out my ethernet cable and immediately tried it.

On linux, this idles for a while and then http.request()
returns (nil),(Host name lookup failure),(nil),(nil)

On win32 (windows98fe), this idles for a while and then crashes
somewhere in user32.dll before it can reach the second ZLOG().

--Adam