On 06.10.2014 15:09, mchalkley@mail.com wrote:
> I know this is off topic (but closely related to my original intent,
> if not my specific quesstion), but my problem is that my real job is
> management, and I only write code once in a while, but when I do, it's
> generally something that I put together for a group of people to use,
> and none of them have Lua installed.

For cases like that, I am using love2d. It is a game framework, but it
runs on linux/windows/macos (and even android/iOS), and you can
distribute it as a one file - executable with concatenated zip file
(actually, you need a couple of *.dll files as well). Sure it is somehow
bloated with SDL/physics/audio built in, and has some restrictions
(restricted filesystem operations), but you can write nice multiplatform
reporting tool quickly.

Regards,
	miko