On Oct 3, 2014, at 9:24 AM, Philipp Janda <siffiejoe@gmx.net> wrote:

> Am 02.10.2014 um 16:31 schröbte mchalkley@mail.com:
>> All,
>>
>> I know there was mention of Squish becoming available via LuaRocks,
>> but that doesn't seem to have gotten anywhere.
>
> Squish is for Lua 5.1 only, and has been outdated for some time now,

soar-0.0 didn't even try to do static analysis on 5.2 luac. I wonder if there is a plausible luac-wrapper useful for scanning for global variable/references to out-of-scope _ENV members. Obviously this can be done Teh Right Way with a variety of codewalkers, but I know lualint has had a bunch of private tools built off it in its long lifetime. The market for tools using the authoritative compiler output via ugly pattern-matching hacks is still observable.

Jay