On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Jay Carlson <nop@nop.com> wrote:
> soar-0.0 didn't even try to do static analysis on 5.2 luac. I wonder if there is a plausible luac-wrapper useful for scanning for global variable/references to out-of-scope _ENV members.

Well, I remain a fan of soar, since soar + srlua + modules =
luabuild.[1] (which is only 5.2)

Some gymnastics from lglob could be brought in, although I'm aware of
the diminishing returns from luac analysis. But ultimately it's about
answering a reasonably simple question: what external dependencies
does a script have?  There are obviously going to be many obscure ways
of bringing in dependencies, this being Lua, but it's best to get the
straightforward bit right first.

steve d.

[1] which solves the pesky Windows build problem by actually including
its own build engine (Lake).  This is possibly an extreme solution.