On 26.11.2013 09:21, Sean Conner wrote:

>   And we get back to my problem---I have a Lua UUID module [1] (right now
> called 'org.conman.uuid') that supports more UUID types than just type 4 (it
> supports types 1, 3, 4, and 5---check out RFC-4122 for details).  I'd like
> to make it available.  What are my options?  I can't call it 'uuid' because
> that's taken (at least twice).

Hello,
here is my proposal - hopefully solving most of your issues, and
creating another ones ;)

I think that the "official API" should be decoupled from "conrete
implementations", so the user could choose between "community preferred"
module or his own preference.

I have just commited the description and sample code to github here:

https://github.com/miko/LuaEco

Regards,
miko