On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 7:04 PM, Coda Highland <chighland@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Oh, people used to like Groovy. It just sort of got eclipsed (pun
>> totally intended) by Scala.
>

> Perhaps I've been writing too much Lua and Java, but I enjoy how fast they
> are to compile and run.
>
> Scala compilation seems seriously slow, and the unholy marriage of OOP and
> functional seems a wee bit overengineered for my taste....

Also, I'm primarily a C++ dev, so I suppose compilation times don't
bother me all that much. ;) And OOP/functional hybrid is BEAUTIFUL
once you get used to it. (My Lua code, my Python code, my Javascript
code, and my C++ code all tend toward OOP/functional hybrid behavior.)

/s/ Adam