On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:17 AM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
The question is: is it annoying to _type_ or to _read_?  We've gone around that bush several times.  In the extreme case of an ideologically crippled language like Java requiring loads of boilerplate to do a simple callback, I think reading suffers.  Not sure about Lua, however.

it depends on where the declaration is syntactically, and how many lines the body includes.

The tradeoff to readability works with certain styles more than others.

Ever tried Groovy? No one seems to like it. Despite its many features.