Jon Akhtar <akhtar@mindspring.com> writes:
> He's right about terseness. Function declarations, and the other block
> owning statements in Lua are annoying without a good editor.

That's obviously very much a matter of opinion... I don't think
they're annoying at all, and find Lua syntax in general better than
most, particularly for _reading_ code.

[e.g. I find Python-style syntax is often vastly less readable for
real-world code... so while it may offer some initial surface appeal
("ooh i don't need to type "end!1!"), it ends up doing more harm than
good.]

-miles

--
Admiration, n. Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.