On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> there are some cases (working interactively, writing tests, etc) where
> having a more terse _notation_ for Lua is useful and fun.

I don't get it.  at first your post seems to agree that not everybody
has to prefer MoonScript to real Lua, just that there's a specific
niche where it could be better.  Ok, that's arguable.  But then the
whole article goes to describe all of MoonScript.

So, what was the point?  are there some examples of that "notation"
use where it does help?

(disclaimer: i don't like the idea of changing syntax without changing
semantics, or of trying to make Lua (or any other language) more
'palatable' to those that doesn't know it.  still, i do want to get
what you're proposing before making an opinion on that specific point)

--
Javier