On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 9:21 AM, Peter Drahoš <drahosp@gmail.com> wrote:
It would also benefit from a proper installer on Windows just the same as LuaForWindows used. In facts why not call the installer LuaForWindows as was suggested by Ryan before and simply pack LuaDist instead of the old MSVC bound binaries. That way people will still find LuaForWindows they are familiar with.

I completely agree. I think I would like to know if that is all I have to do. Just download the latest batteries from LuaDist. Then unpack them? I can do this fairly easily, but is the documentation and licensing included? If it is not included I bet we can make this an incremental beta where we add the modules to quickly get it up and running. Thoughts?

Since I have no clue how Windows installers work I rather leave this to someone with experience.

I can help :) Just wondering if this is the right time? I think it could be, but we are going to have to make the version number change to signify that a few modules are missing now. (And I am OK with that)

Should this be taken to a different list or topic? (I feel like the Lua for Windows list would be appropriate, but I am open)
--
Regards,
Ryan