On 12 Mar, 2013, at 14:51 , Ryan Pusztai <rpusztai@gmail.com> wrote:

> I completely agree. I think I would like to know if that is all I have to do. Just download the latest batteries from LuaDist. Then unpack them? I can do this fairly easily, but is the documentation and licensing included? If it is not included I bet we can make this an incremental beta where we add the modules to quickly get it up and running. Thoughts?
LuaDist is completely contained in a single directory, if you download the binaries all you have to do is unpack and its ready for use. There are no registry entries or any configuration outside of the directory.

I would suggest to pack the documentation separately as a LuaDist package, to start just make a git repo with everything you want to be included and I will clone it and write the needed entries for it. This way it will be available to every LuaDist installation and not only through the installer.

Licensing is included per module in LD/share but a summary license would be welcome.

> I can help :) Just wondering if this is the right time? I think it could be, but we are going to have to make the version number change to signify that a few modules are missing now. (And I am OK with that)

IMO we can try to release a beta/rc whatever and see where that goes.

> Should this be taken to a different list or topic? (I feel like the Lua for Windows list would be appropriate, but I am open)

We still have the luaforwindows list[1], or we can use luadist google group[2]. Im subscribed to both so this is up to you.

pd

[1] luaforwindows@googlegroups.com
[2] luadist@googlegroups.com