> [...] However for anything done by someone not from
> the team, the result pails into insignificance by your actions and
> words.

First, there are three people in the team, and ~2500 subscribers to
this list. So, even if the action of each subscriber was 1/100 of
any of our actions (which is not true), the collective action could
be much stronger than ours.

Second, people outside the team can give extreme contributions. As an
example, a single remark made by Bret Mogilefsky in a GDC roundtable
many years ago was a significant factor in the spread of lua in the
game community and ultimately to other areas.

Of course, a more fundamental contribution was his adoption of Lua in
the first place. Similarly, the adoption of Lua in LuaTeX, Wikipedia,
WoW, Lightroom, and other projects are much more important than anything
I can say on youtube. I think most presentations in the workshop were
certainly much stronger arguments in favor of Lua than mine.

-- Roberto