On 9 December 2012 06:27, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 9:11 PM, Henk Boom <henk@henk.ca> wrote:
>> Maybe try crossposting to r/programming?
>
> Nice one on the proggit front page today:
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/14ip2d/pushing_nginx_to_its_limit_with_lua/
>
> steve d.

Yes I did x-post to /r/programming yet unfortunately that post
immediately got down voted :(

To me it seems that not very many people in the Lua community want Lua
to gain a wider appeal, even Roberto's shrug of his shoulders and
comment in the Workshop seems to me to indicate this. If I just pick
some figures out of the air for a moment.
1500 /r/lua members
2000 lua-l members
lets say 10% of lua-l members have reddit accounts and the same 10%
have hackernews accounts.

Is the community doing enough to promote Lua?
Personally I up vote pretty much anything on /r/lua, Hackernews etc
which talks or links to Lua.

--Liam