On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 7:48 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> > and if the new introduced syntax breaks somehow your scripts change it.
> For the record, the @label syntax does not break scripts, only error messages
> in case the script come from a string and begins with '@'.

There are some cases other than the error messages which would also be
affected, because of `debug.getinfo(...).source` string format. An
example of such code I've used recently is luacov (Lua code coverage
analysis script). Sure, it could probably be updated appropriately but
afted reading the quoted sentence I felt like the general case might
be in danger of being overlooked.

greetings
Mateusz Czapliński