On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 07:10, T T <t34www@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I don't know what you mean by
> event processing, but I agree that certain algorithms do not map well
> to MATLAB.  But discussing virtues of MATLAB (or lack thereof) is OT
> here.

It is a priority queue of simulation events ordered by their time.
Simulation event loop dispatches the events in strict temporal order.
The events can place new events on  the queue, etc.. We ended up doing
all this in C++.

MATLAB is somewhat relevant to this list insofar it is a golden
standard for numerical software, one of the likely LuaJIT-2
application areas.

--Leo--