On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 5:50 AM, HyperHacker <hyperhacker@gmail.com> wrote:
> then discussion pages where people can suggest changes; people can
> submit their modules and edit them... potentially one could hack
> require() to check for and download new versions automatically if they
> wanted to be totally bleeding-edge.

This is definitely the kind of thing we were discussing on the
LuaForge dev list.  Rather than hack require(), however, the idea was
to semi-automatically package modules/functions as rocks so that they
could be properly loaded with dependencies.

What snippets.luacode.org does is examine the source code and try to
find cross-references, global names, etc.  It's a bit of a hack[1] but
it does help reduce human work.

steve d.

[1] i.e. it breaks sometimes