On 12/31/2010 8:27 AM, Cosmin Apreutesei wrote:
After a while, personal collections of selections of the best
functions would start appearing and would again be discussed and
compared ad nauseam.

(sorry to answer my own post) I bet everyone of us has a personal
standard library that would like to throw it out into the arena and
have it scrutinized. Also, it must be fun to build your own collection
without having to implement anything. In fact these are my main
selling points :)

[not directed at anyone, just general babble, replying to this for convenience]

Déjà vu.

Oh, I see we've run into the "standard library" theme yet again. :-p These things pop up regularly. Seen it all before. <yawn> Nothing seems to have gotten hold so far... Weren't we talking about a new mailing list for libraries a few months ago?

Someone has to step up and DO IT. Now, it's like we are in a meeting where I look at you and you look at me and nobody wants to jump into the hot seat but everyone is waiting for the stable and dependable end product...

Nominating people is a very poor substitute versus having people who step up and get it done. It's like we're hiding behind the boulders and pointing our fingers at dis and dat.

Mike Pall took action for LuaJIT. A few man-years of quiet work.

Did it take 1,000 postings? :-) Food for thought.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)