2009/12/17 Javier Guerra <javier@guerrag.com>:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Vaughan McAlley <ockegheim@gmail.com> wrote:
>> resultTable = xml.parse(inputString)
>
> http://www.keplerproject.org/luaexpat/lom.html
>
> --
> Javier

Oops... I'm not interested in XML parsing myself, though it looks like
a lot of people are... I was using XML as an example to try and think
of a way of solving the problem that "Lua is just missing essential
stable libraries for XML, SQL, I18N, multibyte strings, etc."
(Bertrand Mansion). If the Lua community could come up with what a
good XML library should be able to do, and standard names for
functions, then various XML libraries could become interchangeable
(though aliasing or wrapping). Lua might be a step closer to having a
stable XML library, or suite of libraries to choose from.

Vaughan