On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Philippe Lhoste <PhiLho@gmx.net> wrote:
> Eero Pajarre wrote:
>>
>> I think the issue here is the tool which is used for opening
>> the package file. I use Winzip and I think it does the line end
>> conversion magic for me.
>
> Mmm, I hope there is an option for this, I would hate that a unpacker alters
> the files when decompressing them without telling me!

Yes it is an option -- "TAR file smart CR/LF conversion"
(and yes I hope I will remember to come and check this if I
ever meet a problem with a some rare binary format)

> I don't follow you. WinZip isn't the standard Windows unpacker.
> Now, if that's also the standard behavior of Windows when treating Zip files
> as folders (something I always deactivate...), then OK, I said nothing.

The .zip file format contains binary/text information bit, so I actually hoped
that this would just work. After some testing, I am losing that hope...
So in order to make this "just work" for Windows users the zip file
would need to be done using files which have windows style line-endings.

                      Eero