All right, so I've tried the forums, I've tried help manuals, I've tried google, I've had a look through the mailing list and I can't seem to fix this problem.

Righto, so I'm trying to i'm trying to integrate Lua with a C++ app I'm developing in Visual Studio 2005.

Here's what I've done so far:

I downloaded the Lua DLLs, Libraries and Include files from Lua Binaries.net.
Added the includes directory into the list of include files under Projects and Solutions -> VC++ directories.
Added the library files into the list of library files under Projects and Solutions -> VC++ directories.
Under Project Settings -> Linker -> Input I've added in Lua5.1.lib.
Copied across Lua5.1.dll into my working directory.

included "lua.hpp",
which has the extern "C" around all the major headers.

I've done all of this, and yet I can't get rid of a number of unresolved external symbol errors. For instance: "error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl lua_close(struct lua_State *)" (?lua_close@@YAXPAUlua_State@@@Z) referenced in function _WinMain@16 main.obj".

Needless to say, I would be really appreciative of any help I could get on this problem.