Hi,

Jim White wrote:
Thank you for the advice. As I stated i was patient for the first month of not being able to start Lua. (the box of crayons) When I took a second look at the situation I felt that Python might be a better fit as it is suppose to be a bit more user friendly. I have heard good things about both and made the mistake of trying Lua when I was no where near to the level it requires.( Rule of thumb: if you can't get it started it may be over your head.) I still read each and every email I get from my registration. I know it is not Python but I am sure that it will come in handy. I have not really given up on Lua. I just put it on the back burner until I get to a point where my attempts will rewarded. My second mistake in this whole thing was posting this thread. I have to admit I am surprised at the level of knowledge each response has had. Most where way over my head. Not in a bad way, just way over my head. This shows me that there must be a lot of good in this when a person has attained a level of knowledge well beyond mine. I expected more people in the same skill level as my self. with all this in mind, I have gone with Python. I will revisit Lua from time to time to see if I can make any sense of it. Some day I will. Until then thank you all fort he advice.
[snipped]

(It may sound funny to suggest an editor to study Lua but..)

You may look wscite (www.scintilla.org) editor for a friendly environment to write Lua programs and test/run via it. In addition you'll get a good editor for Python too :)

To start:
- download wscite from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scintilla/scite176.zip?download
- unzip somewhere