On 13/02/2023 22:33, Paul Ducklin wrote:
Any bit specific for Windows/Unix should
be explicitly turned on by some macro.

I had to read this a few times until I realised that, in this sentence, bit = part, piece, or component.

  Not bit = binary digit :-)

“I know about carry bits, stop bits, and parity bits, but I have never heard of a Windows bit.”

Never underestimate the power of big tech corp and their marketing division (or their attempt at locking people in).

Next gen devices will probably have also a Google bit or an Apple bit!

:-)

-- Lorenzo