Steve,

It’s good to see you back to Lua hacking after taking an extended detour with Rust.

Just a heads up that I have taken your old spawner library from 2007. This library was, until sometime this year, available at http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/sdonovan/lua/spawner-ex.zip

While there was not a formal license file included in the distribution, one of the files had the note "Released under the same generous licence as SciTE itself" which a reasonable person would infer is the license for the entire spawner-ex package (i.e. both the *NIX and Windows spawner interfaces).

The spawner routines are part of my own little fork of Lua, Lunacy:

https://github.com/samboy/lunacy/blob/master/src/spawner.c

Consistent with what I infer to be your wishes, I have added a copy of the SciTe license to my Lunacy distribution, which I believe allows me to modify and redistribute your Spawner libs, as well as link them to the Lua source code without it affecting the Lua license:

https://github.com/samboy/lunacy/blob/master/COPYING.spawner

If I am in error about your intentions with the Spawner library and its license, please let the mailing list know, and I will modify the terms under which I redistribute Spawner (or stop redistribution altogether) as per your publicly stated wishes.

If the mailing list does not get a reply w.r.t. the Spawner license, I will conclude that it is to continue being distributed using the SciTe license.

Thank you, again, for your time and for your Lua code.

-- Sam