> On Feb 23, 2018, at 9:36 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:

>> RE: readme.html
>> I consider this to be technical writing and as such passive voice, may or should is absolutely wrong.

Perhaps it is due to a rather mindset that was developed as the supervisor of an operations technical writers group in a nuclear power plant back in the 80s.
> It is hard to argue with someone that uses phrases like "absolutely wrong".
>
>> Further, all that I am asking for is the addition of a few words to Mac users.  It is not a policy, they are instructions in which at times “must" is a requirement if one desires the user/reader to have success.

Seeing as how I don’t know Windows very well, perhaps make or make install as written in the readme.html page is all that is needed.  I think that non-mac users can struggle with a five or six word heads up edit.