On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 7:07 PM, Glenn Travis <travplays@comcast.net> wrote:
> I see what you are saying, however, please note that on that page it reads
>
> Once you have built Lua, you may want to install it in an official place in
> your system.
>
> Now that is  passive voice (may) and folks might skip or ignore that
> portion.

Is "passive voice" the correct term for these? English is not my
native language, but I  think I was taught "User installs lua", active
voice, "Lua is installed by the user", passive voice ( similar to how
it is in spanish, just asking, I really do not know ).

> Given that, I may I suggest that it be rewritten in active voice ; you will
> need to install….  You must install . . . Etc.

I STRONGLY disagree with that. Many users DO NOT install lua from
sources in an "official" place, and in fact I've NEVER done it (
always installed it locally from sources, for "official" installs i go
the easy way and use package managers, I do not consider myself smart
enough to install global packages from sources ).

> And then perhaps include a macOS html header about bout using sudo.

And I disagree with including a chunk of macOS docs for it. IMO
someone installing an interpreter from sources should be able to
understand teh permission stuff. Maybe putting some os ( os+toolchain?
) specific install guides elsewhere, but including this could lead to
a chunk for Mac, other for solaris, other for ( each ) bsd, one for
each of the toolchains of windows, one for each linux
distro/toolchain, and end with a horrendous big chunk of text which
most users would not be able to understand.

Francisco Olarte.