> RE: readme.html
> I consider this to be technical writing and as such passive voice, may or should is absolutely wrong.

It is hard to argue with someone that uses phrases like "absolutely wrong".

> Further, all that I am asking for is the addition of a few words to Mac users.  It is not a policy, they are instructions in which at times “must" is a requirement if one desires the user/reader to have success.

Not even Windows gets separate treatment in readme.html.

Why not have a go at a separate readme-osx.html? Mac users may^H^H^H
must read it but others know they do not need to?

On the other hand, even that may^H^H^H will be inadequate. Mac users
are not in the habit of reading instructions. They are accustomed to
things that Just Work. ("If you have a Mac oven, insert the dinner and
press start. The oven will set itself and cook the dinner.")