On Jul 11, 2017, at 2:47 PM, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:

> I think it is easy to get misinformed these days thanks to the
> Internet! Anyway, GPL is a Marxist license - very anti-establishment.
> So I think it is very unlikely that companies are exploiting others
> using GPL. It is more that GPL exploits others as it is not only a
> license but a political statement aiming to change the world.

There's no such thing as neutral copyright policy; it's a human creation. Don't let the status quo go unexamined.

In Linux, the GPL forced some big companies to overrule their lawyers and work with each other, instead of competing to build the same infrastructure. Alas, those companies are merely cursed to grow rich together.

Jay