On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 3:45 AM, Tim Hill <drtimhill@gmail.com> wrote:
> toward many+smaller source files). These days fewer+larger always seems to
> me more sensible

Totally - as Sean indicated, the style is appropriate for libraries
that have to be linked in statically by dumb linkers, not for
applications.

C headers continue to irritate me, after all these years - the less of
them the better!

Mind you, the tendency can be taken too far (as everything). There is
a micro-fashion for monolithic builds, which strikes me as silly,
since one still wants the advantage of incremental fast builds, even
if the (rare) full builds are longer.

I've got more tolerance for big files than most (e.g. Lake as a single
3.5Kloc script) perhaps because I use bookmarks.  In the Lua world,
there is little penalty for loads of little modules, but it leads to
more 'accidental complexity' (Fred Brooks again).