On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 1:45 AM, Sir Pogsalot <sir.pogsalot@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can certainly respect that way of adding features :]  Just takes time...
> feels like Lua versioning has picked up, though.  I like 5.2 but I know
> we'll be helping people who are still using 5.1 for the next half-decade.
> Similar to Python 3 not really superseding Python 2 fast enough...  Lua is
> not Python, but getting things in the core and established for long-term use
> is difficult if you also must prove they were previously established and
> used as a third-party module.  Still, I can respect that.  ;]

(Psst. lua-l list etiquette says to put replies at the bottom of
e-mails. No top posting, please.)

Lua 5.1 is going to be around a lot longer than that, considering
LuaJIT. LuaJIT has explicitly chosen not to follow Lua 5.2's path, so
it's not just a question of it lagging behind but a matter of it
forking from 5.1.

/s/ Adam