>> Maybe a short list of libraries not yet bound to Lua would be a useful
>> thing to have.
>
> That's a great idea! Perhaps you can start a wiki page with such a list.
>
> Consider also the inclusion of libraries that have Lua bindinds but are
> not ideal for whatever reason.

+1.

On my (rare) spare time I am working on something to help with the situation
of bindings and libs that *already* have several alternative versions, for
good reasons or not [1].

Maybe I will try to integrate that (non-existing bindings & libs) as well.

That being said, even with a list somewhere, the best place to post a
"binding wanted" is probably this list.

[1] https://lua-toolbox.com/
    This is a sneak peak just for the list,
    far from ready for prime time.