[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: nanomsg binding?
- From: Petr Štetiar <ynezz@...>
- Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 14:29:52 +0100
Andrew Starks <firstname.lastname@example.org> [2013-10-18 19:17:03]:
> There are two from Robert Gabriel Jakabosky that are built using his
> luanativeobjects library. They don't appear to install using cmake or brute
> force, however. It may have something to do with recent updates to the
> library. **
Yes, some small tweaks are needed to make it compile. I needed to do some
quick proof-of-concept yesterday with pipeline's PUSH/PULL sockets, so
anything else is untested, but I plan(if time permits) to send over some pull
request later this month with some fixes. You've been warned :)
> I'm wondering if someone else is 3/4 of the way through a binding?
Once confirmed, that nanomsg is usable I'll have to decide between those choices:
1. Write new bindings from scratch by hand
2. Learn Neopallium's LuaNativeObjects and get lua-nanomsg in shape
3. Send Neopallium some $ motivation so he can fix it himself but as I
didn't seen him on #lua for ages, he might be as well MIA
I'm currently somewhere 50/50 between 1 and 3.
> Specifically, I'm interested in 5.2 compatibility.
I can't help with that as I'm still more than happy with 5.1.