> Yes, I'm not saying you should use it. It makes sense to have a FFI
> binding and a "normal" C binding. But I am saying it would be nice if
> there were not three different C bindings, and if the remaining one had
> roughly the same API as the LuaJIT one.

Maybe a short list of libraries not yet bound to Lua would be a useful
thing to have. It seems like quite a few people have written bindings
as a practical project by which to learn the C API. If there were a
"bindings wanted" list, people could at least consult it or be pointed
to it for ideas, in order to avoid duplicating something that exists.
Obviously people will ultimately do as they wish, but I guess most
would be more encouraged by the project being educational *and*
useful.