On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Oct 2013 10:34:14 -0400
> "D. Matt Placek" <atomicsuntan@gmail.com> wrote:

>> This is not correct.  The core C libraries are either LGPL or eg for
>> C++ template code their are special exemptions.  The GNU tools are
>> fine for proprietary code.
>
> LGPL is plenty bad enough. It becomes my problem to make sure the
> customer can compile my stuff.

It's a bit more complex than just the core libraries. The major
problem is the clash between GCC itself (GPL-licensed) and the
run-times  (included run-times with assorted GPL-incompable licenses).
There's a good discussion of this problem with GCC at
<http://lwn.net/Articles/343608/>.

Best regards,

Paul

--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National
message.]