On Sat, 5 Oct 2013 10:05:30 +0200
steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > So now I know:
> >    1. Ubuntu 12.04 has it.
> >    2. But does not install it ny default.
> >    3. There is no documentation package for it.
>
> I got burned by that particular clang version. At least on 32-bit
> platforms, it makes a mess of compiling something relatively
> straightforward like Lua 5.2.  You will have to switch off
> optimization for liolib.c for it to work.
>
> But, Mr Highland is quite correct - _much_ nicer error messages and it
> definitely feels faster. At the very least, something to shake up GCC
> complacency.

Hey Steve,

Does clang come with its own libraries, and are they *not* GPL, so that
one can use C on Linux to create proprietary programs?

Unlike Stallman, I believe there's a place in this world for both Free
and Proprietary software, and it should be the author's choice which
way to go, and yet using GCC I can't legally make proprietary software.

Thanks,

SteveT