On Thu, 3 Oct 2013 23:49:11 -0700
Paul K <paulclinger@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> > It remains my preferred way of debugging Lua. Call me old-fashioned,
> > but it works. Maybe a little more typing than I'd like (but: hello,
> > printf!) and sometimes I miss macros so I could write 'out(a,b,c)'
> > for 'a = ..., b = ...., c = ....' but then that's just me; could
> > teach my editor to do that.
>
> I'm glad I'm not the only one still using that ;). Try to debug a
> debugger or debug hooks that don't throw errors without "print".

So many debuggers, so little time. If the language I'm working on can't
be debugged in gdb, rather than learning a new debugger, I'll just
throw in some diagnostic prints. I always mark the printed text with
"dia" so I can delete them all at the end, and tell the difference
between them and other text when I run it.

SteveT

Thanks,

SteveT