On Thu, 3 Oct 2013 15:36:11 -0500
Steven Johnson <steve@xibalbastudios.com> wrote:

> #7 - "Debugging is easy"
>
> There's a lot one can cover when it comes to debugging strategies,
> error diagnosis, and the like, but often I've seen
> author just mention, say, "Put a print() statement here", and call it
> a day.

I think that to do justice to debugging, you need to go over the whole
debugging mindset, and very few people document that. I know, I'm one
of the few.

This is going to sound like a crass promotion, but I think it's a valid
one: If I were writing a software book and wanted to address debugging
(and any software book had better), I'd write a chapter on debugging, in
which I'd recommend one of Steve Litt's troubleshooting books for a
complete mindset/habit/process reference.

Thanks,

SteveT